Mission Statement, Goals, and Diversity
The mission of Forest Ridge Academy is to inspire a passion for learning, global awareness and diverse leadership, and strong values through a challenging curriculum and service to humankind.
Forest Ridge Academy achieves its mission by:
- Maintaining a safe, nurturing, enthusiastic, and creative environment.
- Teaching, promoting, and embracing the understanding, appreciation, respect, and love of all people, cultures, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Creating an environment which fosters personal integrity, social responsibility, and self-discipline.
- Challenging students academically to meet the needs of a rapidly changing world.
- Integrating the higher order skills of critical thinking, collaboration, and problem solving throughout the curriculum.
- Differentiating classroom instruction to best suit the needs of each student.
- Enhancing the curriculum by utilizing technology for effective research, analysis, and communication.
- Guiding students, through service learning, to be responsible, empathetic, and respectful citizens and global leaders.
- Involving families in the life of our school.
Forest Ridge Academy takes great pride in the varied cultural and ethnic backgrounds of its students. This unique combination creates a fertile environment for learning about the diversity of all humankind. It is the ultimate goal of Forest Ridge Academy to teach and promote understanding, appreciation, respect, and love of all people, cultures, and ethnic backgrounds.