Mission Statement, Goals, and Diversity
The mission of Forest Ridge Academy is to inspire a passion for learning, global awareness and leadership, and strong values through a challenging curriculum and service to humanity.
Forest Ridge Academy achieves its mission by:
- Maintaining a safe, nurturing, enthusiastic, and creative environment.
- Differentiating classroom instruction to best suit the needs of each student.
- Challenging students academically in order to meet the needs of a rapidly changing world.
- Integrating the higher order skills of critical thinking, collaboration, and problem solving throughout the curriculum.
- Enhancing the curriculum by utilizing technology for effective research, analysis, and communication.
- Guiding students, through service learning, to be responsible, empathetic, and respectful citizens and global leaders.
- Embracing the diversity of humanity.
- Creating an environment which fosters personal integrity, social responsibility, and self-discipline.
- Involving families in the life of our school.
Forest Ridge Academy is proud of our safe and friendly family atmosphere. This environment is conducive to learning. In keeping with this philosophy, children will receive tender loving care and an encouraging hug when needed.
Forest Ridge Academy takes great pride in the varied cultural and ethnic backgrounds of its students. This unique combination creates a fertile environment for learning about the diversity of all humankind. It is the ultimate goal of Forest Ridge Academy to teach and promote understanding, appreciation, respect, and love of all people, cultures, and ethnic backgrounds.